Aloe Vera Plants

Large Aloe

capozzicar added on September 13, 2017 | Answered

My plant has extremely long leaves & will not stay erect--they lean over & I'd like to cut them back. Is this possible?

Yes. Make sure you have replacement pups in there with it, just in case, though. You may chop on it as you wish. I have had mine for two years, and it is in a 5 gallon pot. Granted Mine are in a tent, indoors, under very intense LED grow lamps. Within the two years I have had it, the thing has WAY outgrown its space. I am constantly picking leaves out, and even transplanting the baby aloes out. Although they like to crowd, they also tend to hang as vines, if you let them. If you choose to go this route, I would advise potting them up in larger pots. They are not picky about soil, really, but any tropical soil will be best.

00
Here are more questions about Aloe Vera Plants