Lantana Plants

Lantana Plant

I have several of the lantana plants growing in my backyard. I was wondering if the green seeds that are on the plants after the flower is done could be planted to grow more plants. Thank you.

Lantana berries develop from the spent blooms. he plants can successfully be grown in many types of containers, so transplanting from the hanging basket to a planter, is fine. Regardless, they will still require more watering than those left in the ground, usually on a daily basis as you are already doing. You can keep it in your garage or a heated greenhouse (just above freezing). The house is usually warmer than 50 degrees at night, but if you have a location that is bright and sunny, but doesn't freeze (50 degrees at night) 70-80 degrees during the day, it could possibly make it through the winter. Or you can let the blooms go to seed and collect

Here are more questions about Lantana Plants