Lantana Plants

Lantana

Can I plant lantanas in the midst of our hottest months here in Tulsa, Oklahoma? (100+ degrees right now) I know the location I've selected is appropriate but I'm wondering how well they will handle the heat during the planting phase. I already have lantana flourishing at one end of this flower bed and now want to replace some sorry impatiens with additional lantanas. Any advice you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

Generally, it is not a good idea to plant anything in very hot conditions, as this will cause the already stressed roots to die. However, if you can ensure that the plant will get continuous water as it establishes, the choice is yours. Ideally, however, it would be better to wait until the temps cool off some and preferably on a cloudy day.

00
Here are more questions about Lantana Plants