Beneficial Garden Friends

Ladybugs

I have a problem with aphids and read that ladybugs are a natural predator of the aphids. I found a company online that ships ladybugs and ordered some. Several days later, I got an email stating that they couldn't ship to me because of the heat. I live in San Antonio, TX, and yes, it's been very hot - triple digits hot - but surely I could release the bugs during the evening and have some results. Where can I obtain ladybugs? I appreciate your assistance!

Ladybugs aren't normally available until about late spring and most local nurseries or garden suppliers can usually be helpful in locating reputable retailers. In the meantime, you may want to look into neem oil. This organic pesticide is quite effective in treating aphids and is perfectly safe for beneficial insects, such as the ladybugs. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Beneficial Garden Friends