Philodendron Plants

Lacy Tree or Fiddleleaf Philodendron

Kimala added on December 6, 2017 | Answered

My plant looks like both of these types that I mentioned. I have it in a large pot outside. I have had it for years and it is huge. I want to know if I can saw back some of these long trunks on this plant. Will it harm it. It’s time to move it to the garage and it’s too large.

You should only do a light pruning on this plant. You can take off any dying lower leaves, but you will want to leave the majority of the plant intact. I do not think that this is a fiddleleaf, as those are typically a vining type philodendron. Lacy Tree would be more like it, but there are so many varieties that it can be hard to pinpoint.

I will include an article for fiddleleaf care as it will be the closest care that will be suitable for this type as well.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/philodendron/fiddleleaf-philodendron-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Philodendron Plants