Kumquat Trees

Kumquat Tree Heat Tolerance

7Skies added on July 11, 2016 | Answered

I'm living in an arid climate where the summers are dry and extremely hot, with temperatures above 45°C (113°F) daily and above 50°C (122°F) can be almost common and it barely drops below 30°C (86°F) even at night. I have a kumquat tree which is grafted into a kaffir lime rootstock, It's in the fruiting stage and the plant is potted into a 5 gallon pot. The plant is currently inside but it seems to be suffering from the lack of air circulation and sunlight. I was wondering if the plant can handle the excessive heat outside and if I should move it out?

Temperatures above 90 degrees F can adversely effect the health and fruiting of your Citrus Tree.
Since your tree is potted, you can perhaps move it to a more cool location when the temperatures are at their peak.
Adjust the tree slowly to it's outdoor location to avoid stress.
Pay attention to water needs with outdoor containers. They may need to be watered twice a day.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/kumquat/growing-kumquat-trees.htm

00
Here are more questions about Kumquat Trees