Plant Identification

Don’t Know Type of Plant

Anonymous added on January 28, 2015 | Answered

I have a half-sun/half-shade garden that has a few very healthy plants with green and pink pointy leaves (no white ones, however). They have now thrown off these tall green shoots with teeny white little flowers (or buds) on them. I don't know whether to prune these offshoots or not...but they are starting to look scraggly. I have to imagine it's a pretty common "part sun" plant in Florida, but I haven't been able to see anything like it. (I have a great photo....but it doesn't match any I've seen). HELP....they are so healthy; I'm eager to treat them before they get improper care.

maryhdyer

If you appreciate the attractive foliage, go ahead and remove the blooms so the plant can focus its energy on the foliage. If you like the blooms, leave them in place but remove them as soon as they wilt.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Identification