Knockout Rose Bushes

Knockout Roses

brendalay added on July 2, 2017 | Answered

I have 15 knockouts that are now going to have to be removed because of the rosette virus. My question is, what kind of summer flowering bush can I plant that will be safe against this virus.

Any rosebush could be susceptible to the Rose Rosette virus. However, if you remove and destroy the roses, remove all root matter that you can from the soils, then spray the entire area and any other rosebushes with a miticide, planting other rosebushes is still a good option. I would first recommend taking a look at the Home Run series of rosebushes by Weeks Roses as they have similar growth and self cleaning habits. The original Home Run and Watercolors Home Run as especially nice. There are also many beautiful English rosebushes at David Austin Roses.

00
Here are more questions about Knockout Rose Bushes