Insect Pest Control

Killing Bees/Wasps

We have some sort of small wasp or bee under our cedar siding which we haven't been able to get rid of with sprays. I thought they might not be biting bees but I was stung this morning. What kind do you think they are (about 3/4 inch or less) and how do we get rid of them? They are right by our water spigot for the garden.

I suspect that they are not bees, but wasps, like yellow jackets, that look very similar to bees. Regular bees are not aggressive, while wasps tend to be aggressive. If they have established a nest near that area, it may be best to seek out a professional to help remove them so no one else gets stung or hurt. This article can also help you with getting rid of them: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/kill-wasps.htm

00
Here are more questions about Insect Pest Control