LSU Gold Fig Trees

Just Picked Figs…Why?

I'm just curious why. . . about a gallon of LSU Gold figs were ready (I picked and preserved about 5 days ago) and the rest of the tree looks normal (figs won't be size or ready till first week of July). Also, my tree is about 15-20 feet tall. Should I fertilize it? What type and how much fertilizer?

In the right environment, fig trees will produce two crops a year, so this is not uncommon. Most likely, there were some immature fruit on the tree at the end of last year that came to maturity early this season for your first harvest and you will get another later on.

You can fertilize it with a fertilizer that is a bit higher in phosphorus, but really, if it looks healthy and is producing well, there is no need to.

00
Here are more questions about LSU Gold Fig Trees