Plant Identification

Is This a Weed?

jrgn added on February 12, 2017 | Answered

I planted "Pennington Hummingbird and butterfly garden wildflower mix" last summer. It was successful. I am trying to clean up my beds where I sowed this and have come across some plants. I am not sure if they are a weed or a perennial, as the container said there are some perennials in the mix. I live in Charlotte, NC where it has been very mild with little to no frost and in the 70's this week. Things just keep on growing!! I have uploaded photos. There are two plants I have questions on. The broadleaf that is droopy and a feathery-like leaved plant. There are others in this picture which I have identified as keepers.

The first photo could be of dock (Rumex), or possibly horseradish or other plants. It will be hard to tell until it flowers, but it is most likely a weed.

In the second photo, I'm not sure which plant you mean, but I see some clover in there, and something that might be rue. Rue could have been intentionally included in the mix.

00
Here are more questions about Plant Identification