Houseplant Pest Control

Infested Houseplant

jimkathw added on September 20, 2016 | Answered

I have a indoor houseplant that has large green leaves, approximately 12" long and is about 30" tall. I just noticed that it has small little white eggs around and in the dirt and when I took one of these eggs out and smashed it, a small spider came out. What can I do to get rid of these so they don't kill my plant?

And here is our article about removing spiders from homes and gardens:

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/insects/spider-garden-pests.htm

00

Fortunately, spiders will not kill plants, and they often benefit plants by eating insects that would attack plants. However, if you understandably don't want spiders in your house, the best way to remove them would be to remove all the eggs you can find. Then, look for webs on and around your houseplants and remove those too. That should take care of the problem or at least cut down the spider population.

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Pest Control