Pepper Plant

Insect Eggs on Pepper Plant Leaves

Mattagoo added on September 15, 2016 | Answered

As I was moving my potted peppers into the morning sun today, I noticed a few new and different eggs near the tops. The peppers have had aphid problems off and on all year so far, so I've done things like release ladybugs and try to attract other beneficial insects. There are currently some ladybug eggs hatching, and in looking at the tiny little larvae explore, I noticed some little yellow eggs around the edges of some leaves. These eggs seem to be attached to the leaves similarly to the way a lacewing's eggs would be attached. I did find what I think is a lacewing larvae today too, so are these actually lacewing eggs? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide! Matt

Very interesting photo. These do look similar to lacewing eggs, and I think you are probably right that that's what they are. Not many insects have stalked eggs- one of the only other examples are the mantidflies, which lay eggs on short stalks like the ones in the picture, but those eggs are usually laid in large groups instead of just a few. So, it is probably a species of lacewing after all.

10
Here are more questions about Pepper Plant