Spider Plants

Indoor Spider Plant – Multiple Problems

lilyfbartle added on November 28, 2017 | Answered

Hi! I have a beautiful mature spider plant that, until a few weeks ago, was thriving. Lately, its leaves have been pale and browning on the tips (more so than usual tip-browning, like wilted dark brown almost like root rot ), I just noticed some yellowing as well. It gets plenty of bright light and I never water it more than once a week. I'm confused because it seems to be showing signs of overwatering even though I've been extremely careful. I moved a week ago and the plant continues to decline, I fear that it won't survive. How can I troubleshoot it without doing it in for good?

Sometimes, even with correct watering, a plant can suffer from an infection. These are quite tolerant of dry conditions, and prefer under-watering to over-watering. You can apply a small amount of wettable sulfur, and this will clear it right up.

Here is an article for more information on the care of these: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/spider-plant/spider-plant-care-gardening-tips-for-spider-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Spider Plants