Impatiens Plants

Impatiens Not Producing Flowers

I planted my Impatiens in May and mixed in an additional, one bag, of new Miracle Grow to my existing dirt prior to planting. I do this every spring. The flowers seemed to go dormant about one week after planting. There are many buds on all the plants but no flowers at all remain. My flower bed is 85% shade with partial sun mid morning in one corner of the flower bed lasting about 2 hours. I have a soaker hose that is turned on for 2 hours every other day. My hanging pots of Impatiens are in full bloom and are beautiful. What is going on with the flower-bed Impatiens? Thank you in advance for your feedback.

It could be to bullnosing (when buds refuse to open). This is often due to fluctuations in temperature or insufficient moisture. A lack of nutrients and poor drainage may also be factors. Other than giving them additional sunlight (to improve blooming), you might want to add some phosphorus to the soil to help with blooming. Bone meal is a good source for this, or use a fertilizer that has a higher phosphorus ratio. Check the soil around your plants too. It should be moist, not soggy.

00
Here are more questions about Impatiens Plants