Bamboo Plants

Getting Rid of Bamboo

If I put the roots and rhizomes I remove from my yard into my composting pile or into the woods near my home, will those roots and rhizomes grow into new bamboo plants? I have spent considerable time this summer in trying to get rid of the bamboo in my yard. We started out by cutting all the bamboo down, disposing of the stalks. I am removing as much of the roots and rhizomes of the plants as I can, watching for new stalks that pop up and going back to the area where they are and pulling bamboo material out of the ground. My concern is this: while I do not think the dry bamboo stalks we cut down can re-generate and become plants (but please let me know if I am misinformed on this), I AM CONCERNED about what to do with the roots and rhizomes I am digging out of the ground. I am assuming I should never put these pieces of root and rhizomes into my compost pile, but I'm wondering what would happen if I put the roots and rhizomes into the woodsy area near our home, along with other yard waste from weeding and pruning our gardens and mowing our grass.

You are correct to not put any weeds, seeds or invasive plant material in the compost.
As to putting it in the woods, I would not dispose of any invasive plant material in the woodland area.
The most responsible method of disposal would be to burn the material as to not destroy the ecosystem.

Here are more questions about Bamboo Plants