Ice Plants

Ice Plants

Carmen40 added on February 11, 2015 | Answered

I planted Ice plants about 2 years ago. First year did great - the blooms were beautiful and you guys are right, very little to no maintenance. Well, going on its third year, two sections have gotten this strange brown color and I thought it would go away. No!!! It spread, so I dug out those sections. And I haven't gotten any blooms since the first few months of planting it two years ago. I love this plant and want it to thrive. Any suggestions? Thank you!

maryhdyer

It sounds like your plants may have picked up a disease, probably related to excess moisture. The disease may be remaining in the soil. This article should help:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/ice-plant/growing-hardy-ice-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Ice Plants