Clivia Plants

Clivias Not Doing Well

deannamoreno26 added on May 6, 2015 | Answered

I transplanted some clivias that were not doing well. They were about 5 yrs old. The leaves are green but they do not seem to be growing after about 6 months. What should I do?

What was ailing your clivias prior to being transplanted? Are your clivia planted outdoors in the ground year-round or are they container plants? From my research, it appears that flowering and growth is almost better if their roots are more confined in pots/containers. And, if you are looking for blooms this year, you may be disappointed. Transplanting usually deters clivia's from producing next season’s blooms. It is a plant that dislikes root disturbances.

I recommend that you read the following article which will give you a checklist of care for your clivia, to ensure it is getting everything it needs for continued growth:

Here are more questions about Clivia Plants