Plant Recommendations

List of Plants for Wooded, Shaded, Wet Area

tommyboy832 added on December 29, 2015 | Answered

I need list of plants that I can plant in a wooded shaded, very wet (sometimes standing water) area with mostly leaves on ground. Looking for options for a low lying area between yards that has been in the past ignored and a place to blow the leaves to. I have been clearing under the trees (smaller trees, some misc. vines). It is mostly decade leaves, branches, and always wet with sometimes standing water for days. I want to put something in there (flowers, bushes, small trees,...). There is also one particular place beside a shed that is almost always standing water or mud. Something different that will absorb a lot of water. Nothing with thorns please. Any ideas? Tom

Here is a link that has an extensive list of possible trees, shrubs and ground covers.

https://extension.psu.edu/plants/gardening/fact-sheets/trees-shrubs/trees-shrubs-and-groundcovers-tolerant-of-wet-sites

00
Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations