Sago Palm Trees

New Sago Palm

o.calvert added on June 21, 2011 | Answered

I just purchased a Sago Palm. It is in a 1. 51 pint pot. It apears to be glued into the pot, and I cannot remove the plant from the pot. How do I know how to care for the plant? Should I break the container and start from scratch? I live in Dayton, Ohio and will be using this as a house plant. Thanks in advance. Patiently awaiting your reply.

plantfreek

Your sago is just root bound. I grow these at our family place in Florida. Just crack the pot, remove the sago, pull gently on the roots to give them some breathing space and replant them in a bigger pot with the appropriate soil mixture. Do not over or underwater the sago and watch carefully for bugs. Most of crop in our area in FL was wiped out from it couple years ago.

00
Here are more questions about Sago Palm Trees