What's your question? Ask

Insect Pest Control

Q.I have an infestation of some kind of bug in my house plants

Zone 58103 | Anonymous added on August 18, 2019 | Answered

They are very tiny white bugs that live only in the soil, they don’t go on the leaves but they do hurt the plant. The infected plant will drop healthy leaves until it eventually dies. I’m pretty sure the bugs just eat the root system. Could you please tell me what they are and how to get rid of them. Thank you.

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Answered on August 18, 2019

They could be what is called Mealybugs. There are some very good systemic products that will get rid of them quickly. You just mix the little granules into the soils and they take care of the bugs. Ask the folks at a local garden center and they can guide you to what they use.

Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Insect Pest Control
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert