Iris Plants

Bed of Iris, MUST Be Moved Now or Will Be Destroyed

Ken Meade added on May 26, 2014 | Answered

I have access to a bed of iris. It is 2-3 feet wide and 12 feet long. They MUST be moved now or will be destroyed for new construction. I have watched all the videos I can find..... I cannot wait till summer.....
Is there anything I can do to ensure their survival? Help!

Ken@kenmeade.com

It is ok to move them. They will not be damaged. It just means they will likely not bloom for you this year.

Most advice on moving plants is based on the idea that you would like for them to bloom this year. So, most information will tell you to move iris in mid to late summer because you will be able to enjoy the flowers and can then give them enough time in their new location to establish so that you can enjoy flowers again next year.

In your case, the plants must be moved prior to blooming. It won't damage them to move them now. You just may have to wait an extra year to enjoy their full beauty.

00
Here are more questions about Iris Plants