Pear Trees

Shinseki Pear Tree

gpestik added on September 27, 2015 | Answered

I have a Shinseki Pear tree I planted last spring. It came bare of leaves but with three very small pears. I planted it per instructions and added some root fungus. The tree is about 6’ and leafed out well but two of the young pears fell off. The remaining pear grew normally and was harvested in September. Very tasty. Problem: all the branch tips have live buds but have not sprouted. Last month (late August) one bud on a top central limb sprouted and developed leaves but the numerous others still have not developed. I have kept the tree fed with slow release Espoma fertilizer. Please advise as how I should proceed. I live in Punta Gorda, FL zone 10 close to the Gulf of Mexico. The soil is sandy and has shell content and is well drained.

You will need to plant another pear tree to aid in pollinating.

Here is a link to refresh you on the care requirements and more information on fertilizer application.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/pear/how-to-grow-an-asian-pear-tree.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pear Trees