Cucumber Plants

Cucumber and Watermelon Pest

P.Villanueva531 added on August 30, 2011 | Answered

I have a pest which has invaded one of my cucumber plants and my watermelon. It is a very small black colored aphid like bug in which I sprayed like aphids to kill, but with no luck. It has now invaded my watermalon and I don't know how to get rid of it or how to identify it to rid my garden of it. Could you please help?!!!!!

It still may be an aphid. Sometimes, they can be tricky to get rid of. I personally like using neem oil for aphids. It is organic and food safe and bee safe, plus the plant absorbs the neem and essentially the whole plant become poisonous to pests that suck or bite plants.

Many other organic aphid controls only work if they come in contact with the pests. While they may kill most pests on the plant, if a few hide in hard to spray places, they can repopulate the pest population on the plant. With neem oil, there is no where for the pests to hide as long as they try to feed on the plant.

00
Here are more questions about Cucumber Plants