Hyacinth

Blue Hyacinth

Katieb added on May 3, 2014 | Answered

I have a blue hyacintha oriental and the flowers have died. What should I do? I bought it at Wal-mart before Easter. It was in a pot when we bought it. The flowers started dying so we planted it in the ground. Now the flowers are brown and crunchy. What should I do?

Oh, I forgot to say, go ahead and cut off the brown flowers.

00

If the flowers were nice for awhile after you bought the plant, that's all you can expect. Flowers by their nature die, some last only a day, some last for months - it depends on the kind of plant you buy. Here's an article to tell you more about what to do now that the plant is in the ground: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/hyacinth/planting-and-care-of-hyacinths.htm
Of course, the difference is that you planted a blooming plant. But care for it as the article suggests, and it may rebloom for you next year.

00
Here are more questions about Hyacinth