Pole Beans

Pole Bean Plants

Bigcheese added on March 19, 2015 | Answered

How many pole bean plants can I put in a container? I am just starting my container garden for the second year. I am growing pole beans this year, Kentucky Blue. I have 3 containers that measure 24 in circumference x 17.5 height. How many pole bean plants can I put in each container? My plan is 4, evenly spaced. I am using Miracle fortified garden soil mixed with cow manure and compost. Can I plant more?

As the article below will discuss, nine plants will fit comfortably in every 12 inches of surface space. Space seeds 3 inches apart or, for vining varieties, plant 2 to 3 seeds around each pole. Be sure to pick a pot deep enough for your bean variety – pole beans need 8 to 9 inches of soil.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/vegetables/beans/growing-beans-in-containers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Pole Beans