Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangeas Won’t Bloom

quietnh added on July 3, 2013 | Answered

I bought an expensive hydrangea plant four years ago and although I transplanted it to a better location and it's actually growing now, it doesn't bloom. I don't want to use any non-organic pesticide type of chemicals because we have a well and all of that goes into our drinking water. Any suggestions?

I don't think it's a pest problem. This link is to an article about reasons hydrangea won't bloom: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/hydrangea-not-blooming.htm

If you are using a high nitrogen fertilizer, I suggest you use a well-balanced fertilizer like 14-14-14 time release of 10-10-10 granular, according to package directions. I also would suggest bone meal to boost your phosphorus.

Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants