Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangeas Breaking Off at Ground Level

One of our hydrangeas has had 3 (2+ foot long) stems break off at the soil. I first noticed wilt, then thinking the rain had beat them down, tried to 'up' them, and they came off at ground. I find no signs of any pests, and we've had only 1/2 inches of rain in the past week. What should I do?

They could have been lacking water, as the rainfall you received was not much. Hydrangeas are heavy water feeders and if they do not get enough, will quickly succumb to dry conditions. This article will help determine if your shrub is still alive. In the meantime, give it some water. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants