Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Never Flowers

Anonymous added on January 8, 2011 | Answered

I have had a hydrangea for about five years. It came from a cutting my friend gave me. The mother plant it came from always blooms. I gave one of the cuttings to my friend, and she has had blooms every year. Mine, however,  is barren, except for lovely the green leaves. I have it in a protected location, with morning sun, afternoon shade. I feed regularly with hydrangea food. I did take a cutting from it last year, put it in my veggie patch, and it flowered. I am speechless; have you any suggestions?

If a cutting from the plant produced blooms in another location, then the location is the issue. Judging from your comment that the leaves look beautiful, there is probably too much nitrogen in the soil where it is located. This causes lush foliage growth and no blossoms. Have the soil tested and start to use a phosphorous rich fertilizer for a few months.

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants