Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Care

I am new to home ownership and plant care. I have several hydrangeas in my yard and did not realize they needed to be cut down at the end of the season. What do I do now? I started to cut one down and realized that the wooden branches appeared green on the inside. Am I supposed to leave them alone or cut them down? I'm very confused. There are new buds coming up from the ground, so I would think that the wood goes, but then again it appears healthy inside after I cut them. Please help. I don't want to ruin them. I love them.

Wait until it leafs out and then prune off what is dead. If you have not read it, this article will be helpful for the future: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/prune-hydrangea-bushes-hydrangea-pruning-instructions.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants