How to Remove a Cotoneaster Plant

I have a very large cotoneaster plant that was first planted by my builder in 1994. Since then it has been growing and spreading at an alarming rate. My efforts to control it only seem to result in growing an even larger plant. I want to get rid of it before it takes over my entire front yard. How do I accomplish this quickly and hopefully painlessly, but without killing all my other plants? Your help is urgently needed because this plant has got to go ASAP!!

I personally would take it apart with a sawzall or reciprocal type saw. These power saws typically have disposable blades and can remove the branches above the ground, then can be plunged into the soil to cut through roots as well and get the main trunk out. It is the fastest, easiest way I have found to remove shrubs.

Here are more questions about Cotoneaster