What's your question? Ask

Switchgrass Plants

Q.How To Plant Dacotah Switchgrass Seeds

Zone 27713 | Anonymous added on March 11, 2024 | Answered

Hello, I came across your very helpful article for planting Switchgrass Dacotah seeds and I am thrilled since the only information I have come across for planting Dacotah is via broadcasting, drilling or no-till drilling seeds methods for pastures. Anyways, I want to make sure that I am doing this right since this is my first time using switchgrass seeds and I want to plant the seeds in my garden bed, I would like to know exactly how many seeds make one plant? Do I plant one of those seeds for each plant 12 inches apart or do I plant a higher amount to get one plant? I know it seems like a strange question but I just want to make sure since the seeds are so tiny for a plant that size. The Dacotah plants are absolutely gorgeous and I am looking forward to when they mature! Thanks for your help and have a good day.

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
GKH_Susan

It only takes one seed to make a plant, but when planting seeds, it is best to put two or three seeds in the hole to make sure one will germinate.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/garden-by-region/west-north-central-rockies/west-north-central-ornamental-grass.htm

00

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

here are more questions about...
Switchgrass Plants
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert

OK