Ficus Trees

How to Make Ficus Benjamina Fill Out?

Davejoyal added on June 19, 2015 | Answered

First off, I'll admit this is probably very premature. Now, this ficus was water rooted from a small cutting with only one leaf on it. It's been growing in soil now for only two months. I think everyone would agree that it looks to be doing quite well. However, my large trees are very full and this one seems to be growing with longer stems and leaves further apart from each other. It's in a southern windowsill and gets full sun all day long. The sun is only slightly filtered by a screen. Is there anything I can be doing to help it fill out and not seem like it's stretching? Since it's only been grown indoors, I feel moving it outside will burn the leaves. Any comments or recommendations? The photo shows the cutting with roots (from only two months ago) and its current state.

Continue to provide the great care you are. Your plant needs just more time to grow!

Here are more questions about Ficus Trees