Basil Plants

How to Grow Lemon Basil

I have Thai basil and lemon basil in my veggie garden. The Thai basil grows really good but not my lemon basil. The leaves are skinny and yellow. I've tried to put it in the container, hoping it would grow well, but its the same. Then I put some horse manure on top of the soil to make it better, but I think it made the plant even unhappier. What should I do?

It sounds like it may have Fusarium Wilt, which is caused by a fungus. Thai basil tends to be resistant to it, as does lemon, though not as much as thai basil is. It sounds like your variety was not resistant enough. Unfortunately, there is not much that can be done with it. I would recommend disposing of it and starting over.

00
RaeFalk

Without seeing your problem plant, I'm going to guess that it's getting too much water (and fertilizer) since it was in a vegetable garden. Herbs like to suffer. They do well in hot sun, kind of crappy soil and less rather than more water.

00
Here are more questions about Basil Plants