Houseplant Pest Control

How to Debug Outdoor Plants With Minimal Use of Chemicals

daisy1981 added on October 24, 2011 | Answered

I would like to debug plants without using harsh chemicals. The precautions on products I have used in the past. I want to avoid human, pet and environmental exposure to these chemicals. Besides simply rinsing with water, are there are any other methods I can use to avoid infesting the house with pests?

Try neem oil. It is a systemic pest killer, so it gets into the plant and kills any bugs that may live and feed on the plant. It is helpful to spray some on the leaves, but you don't need to get it everywhere like with other pesticides. It should also work if you put it in the water that you give the plant. It is safe for humans, animals and beneficial bugs but works very well to control numerous types of insect pests. As a bonus, it makes a great fungicide too.

Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Houseplant Pest Control