What's your question? Ask

Houseplant Problems

Q.How to care for my cataractarum indoors

Zone 85027 | Winter2016 added on November 13, 2016 | Answered

My plant is turning yellowish brown. What kind of container should I repot it in?

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on November 13, 2016

Chamaedorea cataractum, the cat palm, needs high light and consistent watering when grown indoors. Use a potting soil intended for palms or citrus trees, or mix sand or Perlite with regular potting soil. Also check this article to make sure your palm does not have nutrient deficiencies:


Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Houseplant Problems
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert