China Girl/Boy Holly Bushes

How to Care for China Girl

Amalina added on June 28, 2016 | Answered

I bought China girl plant 2 weeks ago and it is on our balcony. It got very warm the past couple of weeks, up to 32 degrees C. I was watering the plant when I saw the soil was dry and moved it to shaded area at the balcony. I was worried the direct hot sun wasn't good for it. Now the leaves are turning brown and falling off. I have put new earth and in a larger pot. But it's like it got worse. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and worried it will soon die.

Generally a bright but indirect light indoors is appropriate for your China Girl plant. Soil should be kept evenly moist.
A shady location outdoors would be more appropriate.
Your plant suffered from the change in outdoor lighting and the roots drying out.

Keep the plant in a sheltered location and water daily or even twice a day in warm temperatures.

You will need to trim away any plant material that has died off, and wait and see how the plant recovers.

00
Here are more questions about China Girl/Boy Holly Bushes