Fertilizer

Raising the Nitrogen Level in Vegetable Garden

Tjtobin added on April 1, 2015 | Answered

How much blood meal is needed to raise the nitrogen level in vegetable garden? We have 3 small areas, one about 25x25, one 4x4, and one 4x8. Our soil test said we were deficient only in nitrogen. We generally use only organic fertilizers.

Blood Meal is an excellent way to add nitrogen to your soil. It is very important to read the application directions on the packaging of the product you intend to use. To much bone meal can burn or kill your young plants.

I also use natural fertilizers in my gardens, and I prefer to mix my Blood Meal applications on the weaker side.

Here is an excellent article to help you get those beds ready for your garden season.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/blood-meal-fertilizer.htm

00
Here are more questions about Fertilizer