How Fast Will a Small Hummimg Bird Vine Grow–

rosefabre added on March 10, 2018 | Answered

how fast will a small,newly bought vine grow? are they considered evergreen, and will take longer to reach maturity?

Although they can take a few years to reach maturity depending on where you are, this is a plant that we don't plant around our area. In Tennessee this becomes very invasive very fast. The warmer your climate, the faster they spread. In my area they take over everything and are almost impossible to keep under control. It is best to do them in container here. I'm not sure what area you are in, so I couldn't tell you how fast it would grow.

This can be an evergreen in southern areas, but it will die back and lose foliage further north.

Here is an article that will give you more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/trumpet-vine/growing-trumpet-vines.htm

00