Tree Problems

How Do You Stop a Tree Root From Growing

I have a tree in the backyard whose one root is upsetting the pavers in my yard. Could I take the one root out without hurting the tree and how do I keep the root from growing?

Dig down and cut the root off back to a point where it is away from both the gardening area and pavers. Seal the end of the cut root with some tar, like tree wound sealer, and place about a 24-inch piece of heavy metal edging in front of the root, with about 12 inches on either side of where the center of the root was located. Make sure the metal edging is totally buried below ground. As the root regenerates, and they do, it will follow along the metal edging until it reaches the end and, thus, will change its direction (going away from the area where you don't not want it).

For additional suggestions, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/tgen/problem-tree-roots.htm

00
Here are more questions about Tree Problems