Palm Tree Problems

How Do I Save My Dying (Almost Dead Tree)

melbourne09 added on January 4, 2012 | Answered

I was wondering if you could advise me on how to save my dying palm tree. I have had it for a few months and kept forgetting to water it. I then noticed the leaves were looking dead, so I have tried hard to remember to water it but just about every leaf is dead. I have just noticed that the plant pot it was in was filled with water, so I actually think I have drowned the plant. (The plant sits at the bottom of my stairs at my front door. This is why I keep forgetting about it. )

I really hope you can suggest something which can help me save my plant.

I would first empty out the excess water and then allow the soil to dry out some. Depending on how long it's been sitting in the water, you may need to check the roots for signs of rotting. This article will help with that:

For future reference, water the palm only when the top of the soil feels dry to the touch.

Here are more questions about Palm Tree Problems