Coleus Plants

How Do I Keep Me Coleus Forskohlii Cuttings From Dying

proton added on November 16, 2012 | Answered

I'm propagating Coleus from cuttings I took from mature plants. I planted the cuttings directly on nursery beds (which is the same method I used for the mother-stock). However, most of the cuttings are drying up. What do I do to save them? Even though it's hot here now, they are constantly watered. Please, what do I do?

Coleus need a lot of humidity, especially during rooting. If you can cover with a thin plastic (plastic food wrap or dry cleaner bag) suspended on sticks so it doesn't touch cuttings and mist twice daily, your cuttings will appreciate it. Do not let this mini greenhouse get direct sun, you don't want cooked coleus. Also, deppending on the temperature, they could be wilting because of the heat.

Here are more questions about Coleus Plants