Calla Lily Plants

How Do I Help My Calla Lily Plants? The Leaves Are Droopy

jillwarren0829 added on September 24, 2013 | Answered

The leaves are drooping and the flowers as well. Also, the flowers have these really big pod looking things in the middle. I need some help please.

Not enough light or water can make leaves on calla plants droop or wilt. As for the flowers, what you are seeing is the seed pod of the plant, which can be cut off or, if wanting to propagate the seeds, left to ripen on the plant before collecting the seeds. If it's already yellow and feels soft, then it should be ripe enough to use. Take out the seeds and allow them to dry out some (Note: they may require rinsing with water to remove pulp). They can then be stored after drying or planted right away. Keep in mind that they take longer to mature when planted this way verses offsets.

00
Here are more questions about Calla Lily Plants