Fescue Grass

How Do I Get Rid of This Weird Grass Fungus?

Rick Sandoval added on September 1, 2012 | Answered

My lawn is tall fescue and Kentukey blue combo. The fungus looks like a dried paste or vomit that is usually white and light brown or dark brown. When fungus is disturbed, a dark brown powder spreads out. I have small and large dry spots that I am sure are related as I have hand watered the spots with no results. We have had rain for 3 days last week and the dry spots have almost disappeared.

The first thing to do is to take a specimen of the fungus like stuff to a local nursery or perhaps local university horticultural extension office. Have whatever it is truly identified. They they can suggest a good fungicide that will get rid of the fungus, mold or whatever it may be. If you have no such places close by then you may want to try buying a fugicide named Immunox or one of the Ortho fungicides and apply it per the instructions on the label and see if it gets rid of it.

00
Here are more questions about Fescue Grass