Lemongrass Plants

How Do I Divide Lemongrass Plants?

wnwdr added on September 5, 2015 | Answered

I have 4 new lemongrass plants that I planted this spring (after frost was over and I want to mention that I live in White Lake, WI - southeast of Antigo, WI). The plants have done beautifully this year and I will be using some for lemongrass oil, and try some tea recipes. But I was wondering how to go about dividing the plants for more plants instead of buying new ones next growing season. I understand that the correct time to trim back the plants is either late fall or early spring. Please any help would be so warmly welcomed. Thanks so much. Renae Worden

You simply use a garden fork or sharp shovel and lift up the plants. They can be split by sometimes breaking them apart with you hands or sometimes you may need to cut through the root system with a clean sharp knife. The smaller plants can then be potted up to winter over.
Here is a link with more information.

Here are more questions about Lemongrass Plants