Crape Myrtle Trees

How Can I Save My Crape Myrtle From Dying?

wtaylorjr84 added on October 18, 2012 | Answered

I hate to admit this, but I'm not the best gardener there is and I did a pretty stupid thing. Around my landscape area I was having a big weed problem so I went around and sprayed this area with Round-up, including near the base of the crape myrtle I have that's about 3 years old. I planted it when it basically was nothing but a stem and it has been growing very well up until this point. I noticed the leaves are turning brown and it seems it is dying rather quickly. Is there anything I can do to save my crape myrtle?

Overspray from the Roundup may have gotten on the tree. Spray the plant down thoroughly and repeatedly with water, especially around its base where you said you sprayed. This will help dilute the herbicide. Regardless, while the leaves will die back some, they should eventually grow back. Large shrubs and trees typically will not be killed by overspray.

00
wtaylorjr84

Thanks Nikki, I've done that some already and will just go with that. I appreciate the time to comment, hopefully next spring it will be growing lively!

00
Here are more questions about Crape Myrtle Trees