Orange Trees

How Big Container for Dwarf Orange Tree?

pgrows746 added on July 20, 2012 | Answered

I'm thinking of getting a dwarf orange tree. I live in the Salt Lake City area, so I will need to bring it indoors in winter, and keep it out of some of the sun in summer. How big a container should I buy?

The container should be large enough to accommodate the tree. Therefore, the mature size of the tree should be considered in order to choose a container with adequate space to accommodate both the growing tree and its roots. Containers should also be as wide as they are high in order to provide the best possible insulation to the roots. Drainage is another important factor when choosing a container. Always check the bottoms of containers to ensure that there are ample drainage holes for excess water.

Here are more questions about Orange Trees