Honeysuckle Plants

Honeysuckle in Container or Narrow Border Near House

SJane added on September 10, 2017 | Answered

A fence and 6" border right next to the house (separating 2 semi's). I hope that a honeysuckle will grow up & along the fence and give more pleasure/privacy. Shall I use a 7.5" deep by 2.5 feet long container or use the (sandy & with house debris/bits) soil?? I'm hoping it will grow around the french doors too. 2 climbing roses and a clematis are doing well further down but is this a bit close to house for good establishment.

David Wynne

Without any doubt - in the soil not the container. You have an ideal spot in so much as both clematis and honeysuckle like their tops to be in the sun, but their roots in the cool. The slabs will ensure this. To prevent the leaves from dropping make sure you keep it well watered.

00
Here are more questions about Honeysuckle Plants