Holly Bushes

Holly Tree Infection

I have two holly trees on both sides of my drive. One is doing great. The other I have replaced twice with the same disease. The leaves turn brown and the branches turn black and wither away. The center of the branches that I have had to cut off have a brown or dark color center. Someone told me that I may have a scrub oak disease from an old tree previously in that same location. If so, can I do anything about it?

It sounds like sooty mold, which is a symptom of several kinds of pests that can attack hollies. I recommend treating the plants with neem oil. This will kill any pests on the plant and treat the sooty mold as well. This article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/pesticides/neem-oil-uses.htm

00
Here are more questions about Holly Bushes