What's your question? Ask


Q.hollyhock leaves have reddish brown lumps underside and they melt away.

Zone 50702 | Anonymous added on July 12, 2020 | Answered

what is it and how do I treat the plant?

A.Answers to this queston: Add Answer
Certified GKH Gardening Expert
Answered on July 12, 2020

It sounds like you have some kind of leaf gall on your plant. Here's an article that should help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/treating-leaf-gall-on-plants.htm

The Missouri Botanical Garden's educational website also offers information on how to identify and treat the problem http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/gardens-gardening/your-garden/help-for-the-home-gardener/advice-tips-resources/pests-and-problems/diseases/rusts/rust-of-hollyhock.aspx

Was this answer useful?

Log in or sign up to help answer this question.

Did you find this helpful? Share it with your friends!

You must be logged into your account to answer a question.

If you don't have an account sign up for an account now.

Looking for more?
here are more questions about...
Join Us - Sign up to get all the latest gardening tips!

Do you know a lot about gardening?
Become a GKH Gardening Expert